Re: [Shop-talk] flat screen heat

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] flat screen heat
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 22:52:02 -0400
It is pretty noticable, and it does seem to kick off some good heat.
When I switched to a 50" Energy Star rated plasma from a 10 yr. old 32" tube
tv, I swore there was a noticably lower utility bill, maybe $5?  So IMO all
that heat is costing you less?  I don't know.... I'm thinking with a tube tv
the heat is coming off the back, which for me was into a corner at almost
thigh level... for the flat screen it was falling off into the middle of the
room at shoulder level with more surface area - more noticable when you walked
by it...
I'm trying to remember if there was a small "computer" fan on the back of mine
when I hung it.  My TV has a speaker bar powered by the TV, does Ethernet, and
a host of other neat stuff, so I'm thinking it's been designed to generate and
deal with some heat.
PJ