Re: [Shop-talk] part compatibility book (?)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] part compatibility book (?)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 15:08:27 -0700
> you can buy older  printed volumes on ebay for $50-75, which work
> fine since you wont be needing any parts for a 2010 for quite a while.

Also, most libraries will have at least some older copies.  My library won't
loan them out (since they frequently disappear), but it's easy enough to
visit when I need to look something up.

Doesn't Mitchell also offer an interchange guide, similar to the Hollander?

One other caveat, the Hollander sometimes misses some of the finer points of
parts interchange.  It claimed that a Fiero transmission would fit my early
Citation; which it would if I also replaced the shifter & cables.  But the
Fiero shifter wouldn't fit without some other modifications, and so on.

-- Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums