Re: [Shop-talk] part compatibility book (?)

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] part compatibility book (?)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 16:51:58 -0400
At 03:56 PM 6/3/2010, Tim wrote:

 >I am sure this item is available online somewhere, but I don't have
a clue what
 >it might be called............

 >When I needed to get a bumper and new boot lid for my kid's car, the guy at
 >the boneyard pulled out this huge, maybe 10 inches thick, book to
look up if the
 >bumper on a diff year but same model car, would work on my kid's car.

 >Is this resource available, online, to the average, learning as I
go, but still
 >clueless, gearhead in training?

Tim,

The book you're talking about should be the Hollander Interchange.  They are
available to the public but the books are quite expensive.

Here's their web site:

https://hollanderinterchange.net

Unfortunately, they don't appear to offer a DIYer subscription to an
online service
like All Data does.

John