Re: [Shop-talk] [zzzzzzzzShop-talk] Musty seats

To: <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] [zzzzzzzzShop-talk] Musty seats
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 22:40:01 -0500
Thanks David.  I will take a good look at them tomorrow, but I suspect you are
right about there being both kinds of foam in there.  The seats were given to
me, so it is no great loss if I can't salvage them.

> Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 20:38:35 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] [zzzzzzzzShop-talk] Musty seats
> From: dmscheidt@gmail.com
> To: jandkstone99@msn.com
> CC: shop-talk@autox.team.net
>
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com> wrote:
> > This is a good discussion and it made me realize that the obvious thing to
do
> > was to Google "washing foam rubber".
>
> One thing that make a difference is whether they're closed-cell or
> open cell foam.  Open cell foam has cells that have holes in them
> (sponges are the common example.)  Closed cell foam has cells that
> don't.  If you've got open cell foam, you're probably SOL.  You won't
> be able to kill mildew if it's inside with out damaging the foam.  If
> it's closed cell, the mildew should be contained on the surface
> (including any holes, such as for mounting hardware.), and you can
> wash it away.  Both sorts of foam are used in car seats (sometimes in
> combination).
>

> --
> David Scheidt
> dmscheidt@gmail.com

Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multicalendar&ocid=PID283
26::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_5

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums