Re: [Shop-talk] bits for a Stanley push drill

To: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] bits for a Stanley push drill
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 20:55:27 -0700
Doug - I got a replacement set from Sears, but I guess it was a while
ago. Their version of the Yankee push drill is Craftsman 94221, but I
don't see it online at Sears dot com.

A search revealed
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-craftsman-yankee-spiral-push-drill-7

which considers it "vintage". I didn't think I was old enough to have
purchased vintage tools new in the store. A good Sears employee may be
able to find a part number if it hasn't been too long that it is purged
from the computers. The other option might be an old Craftsman tool
catalog if anyone has one around.

Related -
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/craftsman-dd-9-4221-push-drill-w-all-8-bits.

I too find the drill handy for occasional use, but expect the cordless
drill killed the market.

Brian