Re: [Shop-talk] Welding a full tank

To: Jack Brooks <jibjib@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Welding a full tank
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 22:05:44 -0700
Years ago one of the things I had to do was manage the decommissioning
of a few private gas stations, having the tanks dug up and the soil
cleaned up.  (It was one of the most thankless jobs I have ever had.)
DOT regulations required that big holes be cut in the tanks before they
could be transported to where ever it was the contractor took them.
They put chunks of dry ice in the tanks and when it had all "melted"
they used cutting torches to open the tanks up.