Re: [Shop-talk] Car Battery Hack

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Car Battery Hack
From: Fred Katz <roadster@astound.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 23:01:50 -0700
Funny! Good joke.

I am interested about a real car battery hack. Around 1998, I bought a
Sears Die-Hard Security battery for my hobby car that I invested a lot
of work and money. The Security battery came with a hand-held remote
control. After parking my car, using the remote disables the battery
from starting the car, while regular accessories continue to function.
A couple years ago my remote died, and I later replaced the remote
button-sized battery. However, the remote needs to be reprogrammed.
The battery still functions although the security function won't work
until the remote is programmed.

I searched the Internet, tried calling Sears tech phone numbers, all
without success.

Does anyone on the list have any knowledge of the reprogramming
sequence? I do know my code ID for the battery.

Thanks, Fred - So.SF
(new member as of last month)

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums