[Shop-talk] Wiring a new garage / shop

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Wiring a new garage / shop
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 15:05:32 -0500
Hey guys, a relative of mine is building a new garage and getting ready to wire
it.  He had a question about a "starter kit" breaker panel at Home Depot that
sounds almost too cheap to be true.  Know anything about these?

 From Pete:  "Do you know anything about Home Depot's brand of main
panels?  They've got a 30 slot one that comes with the 200amp main,
a 30, 50 and 12-20 amp breakers for $114.  Seems like a nice price to me!"

Are breakers generally all interchangeable between brands?  (other than
Square-D which I know are unique.)  Any general suggestions for a motor-head's
shop?  (I know that's vague.)

-Thanks, Wayne

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums