Re: [Shop-talk] Eastwood Welder: made by Lincoln?

To: doug@dougbraun.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Eastwood Welder: made by Lincoln?
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:33:23 -0500
On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com> wrote:

> What actually caught me eye about the Eastwood welder was the infinitely
> variable power adjustment. That is rare in cheaper units.

Mostly because Lincoln and miller use it as a selling point between the
machines available in retail markets and the otherwise identical machines
that sell for hundreds more at welding suppliers.

> One thing I am still waiting to see is a inverter MIG machine.

They're out there.  Not on any of the small american branded ones, but from
the couple of Chinese companies that are doing their own design.  (And,
probably, from the chinese companies that are making unauthorized knock offs
of the companies.  All you need to copy one is five minutes with a sample
and a camera....)

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com