[Shop-talk] Dry Cell Batteries

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Dry Cell Batteries
From: <nogera2@att.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:17:57 -0600
Around my house the universal solution when a electronic devise fails to
work is " Batteries are dead".  They then go to the draw where I keep a
supply of batteries and replace the batteries, throwing the old batteries in
the draw.
When the devise still fails to work they seek me out saying it is broken. I
usually respond with something like, 'Did you turn the power switch to ON?'
Problem solved.

The result of this is I have a draw full of batteries that may or may not be
used up.
I have a multi meter and can check them for voltage but can I assume that if
the voltage is 1.5 that the battery has a lot of life left in it?   Also at
what point would you say a battery is borderline and toss it?

Bob