Re: [Shop-talk] What cars can and can't do

To: 'Shop Talk' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] What cars can and can't do
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 21:07:21 -0800
At 07:54 PM 2/3/2010 -0700, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
>This is vaguely related to the Toyota discussion.  If I had any kids, they
>would
>not be allowed out on the street until they had maybe half a dozen, preferably
>more, autocross events.  Safe drivers know what their cars can and can not do,
>they don't just close their eyes, slam on the brakes and scream.

I took a beginners class from the AlfaRomeo club last year that started with
a wet skid pad, panic brake, brake and steer, slalom, and ended with an
autocross.  Pretty cool, one guy had a Viper, one guy brought a 16yo with
a Smart42.  I was off course at one time and in the grass. Still have a lot to
learn myself.

In my neighborhood where the speed limit is 30 we constantly have accidents
that result in SUVs on their roofs.

http://westseattleblog.com/2010/02/traffic-alert-crash-closes-fauntleroy-at-dawson