Re: [Shop-talk] What cars can and can't do

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] What cars can and can't do
From: "Tony Vaccaro" <tvacc@lotusowners.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 22:52:38 -0500
As someone who has raised two boys with sports cars around all the time and
they are now in their 20's with no accidents and  only one speeding ticket
each and those tickets, (while justified as they were speeding) there were
extenuating circumstances. One we were late for computer job and I told him
to speed...and the other was a 37 in a 15mph running zone at 2 in the
morning. Completely dark out, no runners, and cop was sitting there with the
lights off just waiting for young kids to come out of school parties.
Looking more for drinkers than speeders, but caught is caught.

The best things I did were the following:

The attended the Drivers Edge Event when it was held near here.

www.driversedge.com

I told them no matter if they had one drink or 10, they call me and I come
and get them no matter where they are and no matter what time. No questions.

And I also let me drive my Lotus Elise anytime they want. And when I had my
M100's, they could drive those. I have always felt that if you give young
adults adult responsibilities they will act like adults.

They also drove with me on many Lotus LOONY breakfast runs...driving right
behind me. Learn by following.

Tony Vaccaro

LOONY (Lotus Owners of New York)
www.lotusowners.com
716-861-1412

This document and any files or e-mail messages attached to it contain data
or information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise restricted from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the data or information
contained herein or in any of the attachments is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this document or transmission in error, please immediately
notify the sender and destroy, delete or erase this document and all
attachments.