Re: [Shop-talk] Toyota Pedal Brouhaha

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Toyota Pedal Brouhaha
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 21:07:25 -0800
At 07:58 PM 2/1/2010 -0800, Doug Braun wrote:
>I was wondering:  Are there any Toyota owners on the list who have
>actually worked on, or at least looked at, the type of gas pedal that is
>giving all the trouble?
>
>I finally saw a Toyota pres release that described the problem, but it was
>sort of dumbed-down.

What was interesting to me is that this is a media event.  My Eagle Talon
was recalled in 1996 for a sticking throttle and nothing was said.  Guess
it isn't any fun scaring anyone if it's a small segment of the population.

"I'll never buy another Toyota because of this".  What a bunch of morans.

Did I tell you about the time I didn't tighten the bolt that connected the
steering column to the rack on my Lotus 7 and it came apart in
traffic?  Yes, I am a moron, but THAT'S scary.

Helpful driving hint, when all else fails apply the brakes.