Re: [Shop-talk] How bad is Sprint wireless service

To: Karl Vacek <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How bad is Sprint wireless service
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:53:18 -0800
On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 12:53:33PM -0600, Karl Vacek wrote:
> How bad is Sprint currently ?

Not too bad where I am.

I'm in a rural mountainous area outside silicon valley.  Cell coverage
is spotty at my house.  Sprint does ok here but not
great- my 3g (EVDO on sprint) goes in and out.  The phone I have (Palm pre)
works fine on 2g.  It can also use wifi of course.
My wife's Nokia (ATT) doesn't get any 3g at home.

Down in the valley, it's better but the difference isn't that great
(i.e. it's not so bad at home).

But where you are it may be better, or worse.

Email works great, it doesn't need that much bandwidth.
Web browsing is mostly where I notice 3g vs 2g... some pages load
slower at home.

Voice quality is ok... better than my ancient Nokia 8290 (ATT)
but not land line quality.

Disclaimer: I work for Palm.

Eric