[Shop-talk] How to remove corroded batteries from an Aluminum case

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] How to remove corroded batteries from an Aluminum case
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:06:10 -0500
We found the long-AWOL Maglite, only to find that the alkaline batteries
went TU a looooong time ago and are badly corroded into the case.  I've
picked away as much loose corrosion as possible, but those babies seem
to be welded in there.  What's a good way to extricate the batteries?  I
suspect it'll require a chemical solution, as I ran a couple of sheet
metal screws into the rear battery case and tried to pull, no joy.

tia

jim

--
Jim Hassall