Re: [Shop-talk] faucet water flow low

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] faucet water flow low
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 19:42:48 -0800 (PST)
A few years ago our shower suddenly started having very low hot water flow.  I
checked everything and could find no reason.  Finally, when I took apart the
valve cartridge assembly, I found a little glob of solder that had apparently
made its way up the pipes from some over-soldered joint.

Fortunately the
cartridge was easy to take apart, but if it had been an old style faucet
valve, I would have had to unsolder the valve to remove the blockage.

Doug
--- On Wed, 1/27/10, John T. Blair <jblair1948@cox.net> wrote:

> Anyone
have any other ideas?  I really don't want to
> have to pull & replace the

cut off valve, but I think that may be my next step.