[Shop-talk] faucet water flow low

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] faucet water flow low
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:56:50 -0500
All this talk about hot water heaters.  A couple of days ago we ran out of hot
water so I went down and checked the resistance of the 2 heating elements
to make sure none were burned out, and drained the sediment out of the tank.

So today, I'm certain this morning the water pressure at the faucet
in the kitchen
was normal.  After working on stripping the vinyl floor & glue in the
breakfact
nook, I went to clean up in the kitchen.  When I turned on the faucet, there
was hardly any water coming out.  A couple hours later it was still the same.
But when I checked the faucets at the back of the house, they seemed to have
a lot more water coming out.

The faucet is one of those single handle type with the removable
nozzel or head.
I took the nozzel off the flexable hose and there was possibly a
little more water
coming out of the hose.  I disassembled the head and cleaned the atomizer.
That helped some.  But I just am not getting the flow that I have been.

I tried turning off and back on the cut off under the sink.  No
difference.  It
hasn't been below freezing here now in over a week.  So I'm stumped.

Anyone have any other ideas?  I really don't want to have to pull & replace the
cut off valve, but I think that may be my next step.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                        65 Rambler Classic