Re: [Shop-talk] outdoor low light "security" cameras

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] outdoor low light "security" cameras
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 22:32:32 +0430
Here is my take on X10.  It's not the best out there, but it is easy to
retrofit into a older home.  I have my last home (built in the 30's) with
100% X10 and it was pretty good.  X10 can be a little slow to respond at
times, and components go south every now and then.

When I moved into my currently house (originally built in 1810, and
expanded on over the centuries) I made it 100% X10.  However in the past
10 years of living there, I've been slowly takin gout pieces of it that
are acting weird.  I'm definitely not as happy with it in this home as my
last home.  I would not use it for security system if prevention of thief
was your purposes.  For watching critters, it might be fine.

I use a system for my security cameras from  Grandtec. The X guard system.
 All I can say is SAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!  I will replace there system as
soon as I can.  The drivers are a pain to install, their requirements seem
to change every time I have a problem, and their stuff doesn't work.

If you want, I'll sell you my 9 port system from them!  8>)

Moose
Waldo Emerson