[Shop-talk] outdoor low light "security" cameras

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] outdoor low light "security" cameras
From: Marcus Pless <mpless@servo.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 19:05:00 -0800 (PST)
I'm looking for a cheap outdoor low light "security" camera solution
to figure out which varmints are poking around the garage at night.
I've definitely seen foxes in the back yard right next to the garage
and I suspect there might be a coyote as well. I'm hoping to avoid
walking out of the garage at night and tripping over a skunk or
coyote. ;-)

I'm not looking for an expensive industrial grade security system,
mainly something motion activated that would work in low light at
night. Bonus points if it "records" on a computer so I don't have
to find a functioning VCR.

Does the stuff at x10.com work as advertised? Their website is so
full of hype that I'm having a hard time believing the info there.

The collective wisdom on this list never ceases to amaze me. Any

--Marcus