Re: [Shop-talk] Wheel Balancer

To: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wheel Balancer
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:54:32 -0500
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Heh, my local walmart wouldn't do my racing tires. Told me the
> brand new tires (with stickers) were too worn to safely put on the
> wheel.Never mind the thread was above the few groves and above
> the wear bar. The wheels weren't even on the car!  I went to another
> Walmart and they did it.   Another time, they wouldn't let me use
> the torque wrench on the wheels due to safety issues. Huh?  It
> took a pipe extension to remove the nuts and that's after they
> used the torque tubes. Later on while checking the tires, I realized
> they sold me a lower load range tire for the truck. This was after I
> specified the load range. Grrr!

You buy from wal-mart, you get what you pay for.  (I bought a battery for my
tractor from sam's last summer.  Went to put it in, and saw the date
sticker: june 2003.  Yeah, not rotating stock is one way to keep costs
down!.  )  A battery from the autoparts place was 37 cents more, and only a
month old.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com