Re: [Shop-talk] Heating a shop

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Heating a shop
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 11:41:55 -0800
> understand that most, if not all of these types of heaters do
> not require any additional venting if they are installed in a
> typical shop setting.

Anything that burns fuel is going to deplete oxygen, and emit various
poisonous substances, including carbon monoxide.  Studies have shown that
even levels of CO too low to cause obvious poisoning can cause permanent
brain damage.

My advice is not to rely on "typical", and make sure you have enough
ventilation for the heater you plan to use.  I've managed to give myself CO
poisoning, even with a 4 ft^2 hole in the wall.

-- Randall