Re: [Shop-talk] Plumbing a shop (it's that time of the year again)

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Plumbing a shop (it's that time of the year again)
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:22:37 -0800
> Yeah, don't EVER bother with the tape, in gas service you've got to use
> the yellow stuff, for air I'd use the Loctite PST and a BIG, BIG wrench.

...and sometimes the guys at OSH or HD who don't know what they're doing
will leave you with a big long thread where the end is cut/tapered so
far that it rattles loose in the fitting, and you'll end up firing up
the abrasive cutoff saw or angle grinder to cut a chunk off the threaded
end so that the tapered thread will seat snugly in the fitting.

Which leaves the pipe 1/4in shorter than you'd measured for...

John.