Re: [Shop-talk] TV connect problem

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] TV connect problem
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 17:28:52 -0500
At 04:06 PM 11/2/2009, Elton E. (Tony) Clark wrote:

 >My good old shop TV only has a single coax connector as an input which
 >works fine with my VCR which has a coax output.*

 >Now I want to connect a CD/DVD player and my player has the triple red,
 >white and yellow plugins. . . a retailer is trying to sell me a $40 gismo to
adapt.

 >*Is there a simpler-cheaper  way to do this* ?

Tony,

Depends on where you shop.  But the bottom line is that your coaxial
input is for
Radio Frequency (RF) and the 3 cables is composite video and audio.  So you'll
have to have something to take the 3 cables as input and give you an RF output.

Radio Shack has something for about $28:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103095

That's cheaper than the $40 that you say your retailer is trying to sell you.

You might also want to look on eBay, but the shipping will probably kill you.

If you have a radio shack, or Audio Video shop, etc around your area, check
with them.  They may have something for less than $40.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                        65 Rambler Classic