Re: [Shop-talk] TV connect problem

To: "'Shop Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] TV connect problem
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 14:02:27 -0800
> *Now I want to connect a CD/DVD player and my player has the
> triple red,white and yellow plugins. . . a retailer is trying
> to sell me a $40 gismo to adapt.*
>
> *Is there a simpler-cheaper  way to do this* ?

$40 seems a bit steep, considering that Target seems to have them for under
$20:
http://tinyurl.com/yl4uax2

You could also check the back of your VCR, as many of them had video inputs
which, with the right settings, get copied to the RF (coax) output.

In fact, the only cheaper method I can think of is to buy a used VCR at the
local thrift shop that has video inputs; or ask around to see if a local
friend is throwing one away.

Or maybe poke around to see what you can find in a TV with video input.  Eg,
eBay 280418060127

-- Randall