Re: [Shop-talk] Power Washer engine question

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Power Washer engine question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:16:14 -0700
> It runs fairly smoothly with the choke set to "Start" and
> does a decent job of
> power washing.  However, the engine dies as soon as I move it
> to the "Run"
> setting, regardless of how long I let it run and warm up
> first.  I can move
> the choke part way in and it continues running, but it then
> dies as soon as I
> squeeze the washer trigger.

IMO The choke's not the problem; you've still got a plugged jet or passage
somewhere that isn't passing enough fuel.
It's possible there was an adjustment that didn't get restored during the
cleaning process, but I think a plug is more likely.

Modern gasohol seems to "set up" much harder than the old gasoline did; I
had to literally chip away the deposits in my lawnmower carb.  Ordinary carb
cleaner didn't phase them.

Randall