Re: [Shop-talk] Pressure blasters?

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Pressure blasters?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:30:41 -0400
At 08:48 AM 9/29/2009, Rich White wrote:

 >Is this what you guys are talking about?
 >
 >http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=34202

Rich,

Yup!!!

I haven't mentioned a couple of things I do:

1. I put up a piece of rope across the corner of my fence then close
pin a large
plastic drop cloth to it.  Then when I blast, I can recycle about 80%
of my media.
It's lasts a lot longer that way.  There's a picture of the set up in
an article on
my Morgan Web page:

http://www.team.net/www/morgan/tech/blasting/mediablast.html

about 3/4 the way down the article.

2. I purchases some screen which I lay over the funnel.  When I
collect my spent
media, I use a coffee can and dump it into a heavy duty 5 gal
bucket.  Then when
it's time refill the pressure blaster, I place the screen over the
funnel and scoup
media from the bucket with the coffee can, and then pour it through the screen.
Thus cleaning the clumps, and trash out of the sand as I fill the blaster.

John

>Rich White St. Joseph, IL USA
>
>'63 TR3B TCF587L
>
>That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!
>
>See it moves!
>

> > Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 20:06:17 -0700
> > From: cavanadd@verizon.net
> > To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
> > Subject: [Shop-talk] Pressure blasters?
> >
> > Has anyone used one of the Harbor Freight variety of pressure
> > sandblasters? I have an old Unisaw that I am restoring and I need to
> > blast the cabinet, base and some other parts. Most of the guts will fit
> > in my blasting cabinet, but not the big pieces. My local media blaster
> > charges around $75 an hour and they aren't open on Saturdays. In
> > addition, if I did the blasting at home I could go directly to the
> > primer coat without having to haul the parts home in the truck, in the
> > weather, rusting, etc. Comments/suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dave C
> >
> > http://www.team.net/archive
>
>http://www.team.net/archive