Re: [Shop-talk] Pressure blasters?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Pressure blasters?
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 06:22:14 -0700 (PDT)
I managed OK with the stock nozzle valve.  But one very nice thing I had was a
supplied-air system  it was meant for painting, but I took the air hose and
stuck it into the sandblasting hood.  It made blasting MUCH less obnoxious,
especially because the hood window would not keep fogging up.
If you are
thinking of eventually getting such a system for painting, get it now and take
advantage of it for sandblasting, too.

Another tip:  get a 12"x12" piece of
plexiglass and cut it up to make a bunch of spare hood windows.  They will get
frosted up pretty quick.

Doug

--- On Tue, 9/29/09, John T. Blair
<jblair1948@cox.net> wrote:

> You will need additional nozzels.  I have
bought some
> of the "dead man" nozzels
> from HF, for about $10.  These are a
lot nicer than
> trying to turn off the valves
> when you want to stop
blasting for a few seconds and turn a
> part or something.
> The only problem
with them, is there is just a small rubber
> bladder that will
> crack/break,
etc.  The part is listed in the manual, I
> haven't tried to order just
> the
tubes.  But that might be worth doing.