Re: [Shop-talk] stripping large wire

To: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>, "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] stripping large wire
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:53:45 -0500
My limited experience has been to us a new blade in a utility cutter. A new
sharp blade gave me the control necessary to cut -> almost <- all the way
thru the insulation all the way around the wire at the proper location and
then make a cut -> almost <- all the way thru the insulation from there to
the end of the wire. Then physically rip the insulation along those cuts.
Probably not the official or efficient way to do it but it worked the few
times that I needed it and did not nick or damage the wire in any way.

And I agree, using a dull blade will turn it into minor surgery in a hurry.

Arvid