Re: [Shop-talk] computer (in shop) question

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, "shop-talk"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] computer (in shop) question
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 19:28:02 -0500
thanks guys for the advise... and the monitor offers... I'm wanting to
upgrade for better picture quality and to regain some desk space.. My 19"
viewsonic is (nearly )as big as a smartcar.   My further digging says my
mother board supports VGA and my max resolution under settings on desktop is
1600x1200...  so I bet I'm looking for a new video card, possibly a power
supply then the monitor.... all totalled... close to the price of a new
computer  or at least half...   The system is 7 years old and functioning
fine but do you put that much cash in a used machine  that the new 'green '
czar might outlaw next year :-)

my guru son will be in town this weekend and I'll let him diagnose/recommend
also... I used to be literate...but nowadays my clock speed is too slow...

later
John