Re: [Shop-talk] work boots

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] work boots
From: crothfuss@coastalnet.com
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 00:38:03 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
John,

   I was happy to see Redwing get early recommendations.  I've got three pairs
now, and have been wearing Redwings for ...geeze, 36 years.  My favorites for
work have been resoled about 20 times, had patches applied to the toes so I can
crawl around in caves, and a patch along one side since my broken feet don't
flex quite right.  Can't beat a completely rebuildable U.S. made boot.  They're
an investment, and worth every penny.

   For more waterproof and warm, even when you get icy water inside, I really
like Matterhorn's.  They're also U.S. made, Gortex lined (so that cold water
warms up around your feet like you were wearing a wet suit), but a bit heavy
and clunky for every day civilian wear.  If you live outdoors in the winter
they're great.

Chuck