Re: [Shop-talk] Recharging a Ni-Cad Battery

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Recharging a Ni-Cad Battery
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 23:01:44 -0500
The industry standard for discharging a NiCad cell is .7 volt per cell.
Below that cell reversal will likely occur and destroy the pack.  Been doing
it that way with many thousands of packs for over 40 years which makes me
too old to change my mind.  We recycle over 1000 lbs of NiCad's every year
of which about half died way too soon.  A good (Sanyo) cell will have at
lest 500 charge/discharge cycles if charged and discharged correctly but
many only last 200 cycles due to abuse.

Mark
Nashville