[Shop-talk] Recharging a Ni-Cad Battery

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Recharging a Ni-Cad Battery
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 21:51:05 -0400
Ok, I got a free dive light in a weird set of circumstances.

The dive light doesn't have the charger with it however.  It uses
rechargeable nicad battery pack  (9.6v 4.4Ah)

Here are my questions...

Can I hook a normal dc power supply to this (a 9.6v one?)

If I can, do I use one rated for which amperage?

Also, if I can't find one for 9.6v, will 9v work as well?

Problem is that the charger is pretty expensive, and I have no idea if the
battery pack is good.  If it isn't, the price of the charger and new
battery pack is almost as much as a new light (which I would prefer.)

But if I can use a normal power pack, I could recharge the battery to at
least see if it is any good.

TIA

Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.