Re: [Shop-talk] Mailbox to end all mailboxes

To: eric@megageek.com, Donald H Locker <dhlocker@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mailbox to end all mailboxes
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 05:39:05 -0700 (PDT)
I tried it with Firefox, and that didn't work, either.  It asks for a
password.

Doug

--- On Tue, 6/30/09, Donald H Locker <dhlocker@comcast.net>

Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
> Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009, 6:51 AM

Sorry, Eric, but IE is not "the

<http://www.w3.org/> and especially <http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/>  IE is an
> implementation of a user interface for the sites serving
> information using
the HTML language - a user interface which
> includes many non-standard
extensions and neglects certain
> portions of the standard.  Microsoft has
made an effort
> to get some of their extensions adopted by the standards

body, but most of their proposed changes are very narrow in
> focus and
usually address situations already addressed by
> the standard, just not like
MS would have wanted it.

> Many people using a product doesn't make it a

standard.  Many people use their right hand in
> preference to their left.
Doesn't make it a standard.

> Please reply off-list.  I'll summarise for
anyone

eric@megageek.com
<shop-talk@autox.team.net>
> Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:04:40 AM GMT
-05:00
> US/Canada Eastern
> Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mailbox to end all
mailboxes

> Thanks Bill, but I can't view it.  I've never seen a
> page
where "IE" is an
> "unsupported" browser and you can't continue without

firefox or Safari. IE
> does suck, but it is by far the industry standard.
>
> Is there a way to view it without installing the additional
> browser?

Thanks.

> Moose
> Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander
the

shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net

<shop-talk@autox.team.net>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: [Shop-talk] Mailbox to end
all mailboxes

<http://www.me.com/gallery/#100010/Mailbox>
> Double-click on the oval

"album" and then double click on the one photo to enlarge
> it.
>
> > Here's
my mailbox. My neighbors formerly each had
> their own 4x4 post.

On Jun 29, 2009, at 4:39 PM, "Steve Hammatt Mount

<gsteve@hammatt.com

> > > wrote:
> >
> >> OK, I wasn't going to bring up my
solution.....but
> now I will<grin>
> >> The neighbor's teenage son (I'm
nearly 99% sure)
> decided to take
> >> a sideswipe to our mailbox some years
ago.
> It was a typical
> >> rural metal box on a 4x4 post.  It was about

this time that Lowes
> >> had first offered those green/tan plastic boxes

designed to slip over
eric@megageek.com