Re: [Shop-talk] X-10 help

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] X-10 help
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:45:12 -0400
Thanks, but the problem is that this is an incandescent fixture (3 bulbs.)
 All the bulbs are good.

Does anyone know if there is troubleshooting equipment for X10  (excuse to
buy some tools.)  8>)

Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
06/22/2009 07:34

Trevor Boicey <trevor@boicey.com>
cc
eric@megageek.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] X-10 help

I used to have a flourescent light with a cheap electronic ballast
that would cause all sorts of problems for my X-10 system.  I bought a
filter from Smart home and wired it into the fixture.  It solved the
issue for a while, then the crappy ballast finally gave out.  After I
installed a good magnetic ballast, the filter was no longer needed.

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Trevor Boicey<trevor@boicey.com> wrote:
> eric@megageek.com wrote:
>>
>> When it doesn't work, I have used remotes, "all unit off" devices, and
the
>> button on the switch.  This leads me to believe that it has to do with
the
>> bulbs.  But I don't know how to troubleshoot this issue any further.
Again,