[Shop-talk] cable luber

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] cable luber
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 15:16:39 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

In the dim recesses of my mind, I seem to recall that there's such a tool
as a speedo cable luber... Our motorhome ('84 P30, turbo 400) has a
squeeky speedo cable and we're about to drive it to DC and back in a
couple weeks.  I'm going to go insane if I have to listen to that darn
cable the whole way if it acts up again.

Is there such a thing as a way to lube the cable, or do I need to break
down and buy a new cable plus figure out how it gets from the guage to the
trans?

Thanks!

Mark