Re: [Shop-talk] (no subject)

To: "Team shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] (no subject)
From: "Mullen, Tim (IS)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:05:11 -0500
Brian Kennedy wrote:

> A big enough dry well should do the job. How about attaching it
> to a soaker hose? Is there something nearby that needs watering?

I cleverly did this many years ago.  I attached some clear plastic
tubing to the outlet on the outside of the house (used a couple of
adapters to size the plastic pipe down to the tubing size).

Then I ran the other end of the tube to a flowerbed along the fence so
that we wouldn't have to water there anymore.  Big mistake.  The AC
makes a LOT of water, and it ended up drowning the plants.

However, this would work better if you did in fact attach it to a soaker
hose to spread out the runoff.

But in any case, attaching a hose/tube to the outlet can easily be done
to re-route the water to another place.

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA