Re: [Shop-talk] (no subject)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] (no subject)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 10:16:44 -0400
At 08:31 AM 5/31/2009, Ronald Olds wrote:

 >I have a problem where my house air conditional condensation line drains on
 >to the ground.  I live in North East North Carolina where the AC is used a
 >lot and the humidity is fairly high.  The ground area (a couple of feet in
 >diameter) around the end of the pipe is extremely wet; to the point of a
 >puddle of water sitting on top of the ground.  I need to do something to get
 >rid of disperse this water.  Anyone have any ideas?

Ron,

I now the problem well, living here in Va Beach.  I never really
worried about it.
I have one of those cement blocks under my drip tube (like you have under your
gutter down spouts).  But the water still ponds and the area right around the
cement is muddy.  Fortunately, I don't have to get to that area.

What some of the neighbors have done is to take a piece of PVC tubing and run
it from their drip pipe diagonally down the side of their house into
a flower bed.

The other thing you can do is to put in a French drain.  That's
nothing more than
a hole filled with some rocks.  If you have hard clay down a from 6"
to 12" or so
you might want to dig (or use an powered auger) down through that.  You can
get some plastic tubing at places like HomeDepot that is about 4" in
dia. and has holes all through it.  Put that in the hole, to keep the
earth from colapsing into the hole, then fill that with rock.

Hope this helps.

John
Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229