Re: [Shop-talk] unsafe wiring

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] unsafe wiring
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 20:39:12 -0500
Chris,
I'm not sure what the code says about BX cable outside, but where we
live (rural Texas) you find it all the time. Just be sure that there is
a drip loop in the cable so if any water gets into the cable that it
doesn't use the BX as a path to put water into the breaker panel. I see
a lot of BX painted, which will seal it more than just leaving it raw.

As to whether you have a neutral bus or not, just look to see where the
white wire from the main panel ends up. If there are only 3 wires - 2
insulated and one bare in the sub-panel, then go back to the main panel
and move one of the insulated wires to the bar where all the white wires
are.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Chris Kantarjiev, On 5/10/2009 5:02 PM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001