Re: [Shop-talk] unsafe wiring

To: shop-talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] unsafe wiring
From: Rich White <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 19:36:31 -0500
Does your wiring have two or three insulated conductors?

The bare wire should NEVER be used to carry current.

That being said, the DPO of our house did that and I have not corrected that
circuit yet.

If the conductors are black, white and bare, just move the white to the
neutral bar where the bare conductor should already be and you will have it
wired to code.  You should also change to a single breaker which is really not
any harder than moving the wire.  Get the correct size for you application.

Rich White St. Joseph, IL USA

'63 TR3B TCF587L

That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!

See it moves!