Re: [Shop-talk] Shed Flooring

To: Jack Brooks <jibjib@att.net>, 'Shop-Talk List'
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shed Flooring
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 19:35:01 -0700 (PDT)
Yesterday I went to HD and bought two boxes of tough-looking (and heavy)
commercial-grade vinyl composition tiles.  But later when I read the
installation instructions, I learned that they warn against installing the
tiles any place where the temperature would get below 50 degrees.

I realized
that in sub-freezing weather, the tiles could get quite brittle and could
crack or work loose.  The fact that the shed floor is a bit more flexible than
a house subfloor, and that I would be tossing heavy things on it, would only
increase the risk.

So I returned the tiles and adhesive, and decided to
simply paint the floor with some floor paint I had lying around.

HD also had
vinyl flooring in 8x12 rolled-up sheets, but the stuff had extraordinarily
ugly patterns  (e.g. fake woodgrain) and the label also warned about unrolling
it when cold.

Doug

--- On Sat, 4/18/09, FRED E THOMAS

<frede.thomas2@verizon.net>