Re: [Shop-talk] Truck tires

To: "'shop talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Truck tires
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 14:19:59 -0700
> I have BF Goodrich on it now
> and they wore like steel but are lousy in the wet.

I'd guess it depends more on the individual tire than the maker.  I've got
BFG tires on my hauler (which happens to be a big station wagon rather than
a pickup) and they do pretty good in the wet and snow.  Much better than the
Michelins my Dad had on his very similar wagon years ago.

Sorry I can't help with a recommendation Phil, I just feel that brand is the
wrong thing to focus on.  Most tire makers make such a wide range of tires
that it's unfair to lump them all together.  I've had really good luck with
Bridgestone tires as well, but they belong to Firestone who made the most
famously defective tires in the entire 20th century!

Randall