Re: [Shop-talk] water softeners redux

To: scott.hall@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] water softeners redux
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 21:36:12 -0500
When I installed our softener I plumbed the salt outlet of the softener
into our septic system. When we converted to an aerobic system the
installer said that we should not run the line into the aerobic system,
so I disconnected that line and ran it outside our fence into the
pasture and just dumped it on the ground. That was 8 years ago and have
not seen any problem with the area where we dump it. I halfway expected
that with time we would see the grass die off, resulting in bare dirt,
but that hasn't happened. I also plumbed the condensate out of the A/C
into that line to get that water away from our foundation, but I doubt
it has much affect on dilution of the salt solution.

With the softener our dishes come out of the dishwasher without spots
and the kitchen and bath fixtures stay cleaner longer than before.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake scott.hall@comcast.net, On 3/11/2009 11:32 AM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001