[Shop-talk] Fw: Re: Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Fw: Re: Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:27:58 -0800 (PST)
 I got this information from a DOE publication that
 benchmarked a lot of different LED, CF and incandescent
 light sources:

http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/publications/pdfs/ssl/caliper_round_5_summary_final.pdf

 It does not seem to mention anything about ballasts,
 though.
 I suspect that a cheapo HD fluorescent fixture will be
 quite a bit less efficient than a high-quality,
 high-efficiency model.

 Doug