Re: [Shop-talk] What to do with oily rags?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] What to do with oily rags?
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 15:06:37 -0500
I just use hot water, regular laundry detergent and a bit of
Lestoil.  If they are stained, I don't care.  They still work just
fine as rags.  And if there are any that I'm not happy with, I just
throw them out.  They're just rags, after all.  For some things I use
paper towels.  They get thrown out without any special environmental
handling.  If your local hazardous waste program takes your rags, it
would be interesting to know what they do with them.  BTW, I find
that those red rags must have the least colorfast dye on the
planet.  Put one white rag in there and it will come out almost as
red as the red ones.