Re: [Shop-talk] Shopsmith

To: markmiller@threeboysfarm.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shopsmith
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 13:05:16 -0600
*Beware the 10ER model of ShopSmith:  It was actually made by "Magna" or
someone and it was totally redesigned by the people who bought the
"ShopSmith" name and concept about 40 years ago.*
**
*I just finished restoring and selling a 10ER for my widowed sis and the
ShopSmith people quickly tell you that there are no parts.  There ARE
however, many items on Ebay and even a support group on the net for the
series 10 machines.  There's nothing wrong with the concept, the functions
are easy to change and it take very little time to switch.  You don't want
to buy a 10 series but there are loads of V series out there for sale CHEAP,
parts are available, ebay has everything for them, and they are wonderful
compact tools.*
*Tony in Texas*