Re: [Shop-talk] Fw: HDTV antenna

To: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>, David Scheidt
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fw: HDTV antenna
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 17:41:43 -0800 (PST)
The channel number thing reminds me of European TV:  Over there, the "channel
number" concept isn't really used.  Of course, any particular TV station
transmits on some particular frequencies, but they aren't identified by number.
 The TVs have channel numbers when they are tuned, but each number can be
independently tuned to any frequency, pretty like numbered memory buttons of a
car stereo.

Has anyone ever seen a remote control for a European TV?  They have a whole
slew of buttons with totally inscrutable icons...

BTW, last year when I got a modern TV and could tune in both the analog and
digital versions of various stations, I was pleasantly surprised how good the
digital reception was.  Several analog stations that had a moderate amount of
snow and ghosts looked fine in digital.

Doug