Re: [Shop-talk] Fw: HDTV antenna

To: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fw: HDTV antenna
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:28:05 -0500
On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com> wrote:
> Oh we bought a nice 42" plasma tv a couple of months ago, mainly because my
> wife got a really good deal on one and from time to time we like to watch a
> DVD.
> As for the antenna I just wasn't sure if a regular TV antenna would work well
> when the switch is complete to digital.

Yes.  Digital TV is on the same set of frequencies as analog TV.
(There's a big oddity in the channel numbering; channel numbers in DTV
have nothing to do with frequency.  So channel 10 might be
broadcasting on what should be channel 20, and it may move back to
channel 10 when the transition happens.)  So any antenna that works
with analog TV will work with digital.

The one problem is that digital range isn't as good as analog.  If
you've got any  sort of snow in the analog picture, it's likely you
won't be able to get a good digital signal.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com