Re: [Shop-talk] "AIRCRAFT TOOL SUPPLY"

To: "Rex Burkheimer" <burkheimer@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] "AIRCRAFT TOOL SUPPLY"
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:17:23 -0600
*Problem solved:  Those amazingly wide tappet gauge figures, .080" and
.200", are because these engines have hydraulic lifters and the gauge is
used only to insure that the clearances are within the range that the
lifters can handle . . whew!  . . that had me worried! *

 *Rex asked if we knew about Aircraft Spruce.  Yes, I've used lots of their
products for many years and they have great catalogs with tech info.  Their
fiber glass and aluminum finishing products are magic and I've used them on
several vintage race cars.  http://www.aircraftspruce.com/*
**
*Rex asked about the vintage Lotus scene:  Glad you asked!  My podner, Dave
Salls, racing my ol' Lotus 51 formula Ford just won 2nd place in the CVAR
2008 FF1 Championship . . Twenty-six cars competing.  First place was also a
Lotus 51;  we're feeling pretty cocky right now!*
**
*Tony*
**