Re: [Shop-talk] single vs. dual stage compressors

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] single vs. dual stage compressors
From: "Paul Parkanzky" <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:51:08 -0500
I thought that the point of 2-stage was higher PSI, but that doesn't seem to
be the case here.  In other words, I bought a single stage IR with a max
pressure of 125 PSI, and the 2-stage was rated at 175 PSI.  175 PSI
affectively increases the capacity of your tank.

Also, what is 19.1 cfm@ 125 PSI at 90 PSI?  I bet it's a ton.

If you're thinking about using sanders, blasting, painting, etc. I'd look
for a lot of CFM and a compressor rated for continuous duty.

-Paul