Re: [Shop-talk] recommend a portable bandsaw

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] recommend a portable bandsaw
From: Pat <Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 07:41:25 -0600
Mark,

I read all the replies and agree with them. I just wanted to comment on
a partially off topic statement you made initially. I've used Milwaukee
stuff off and on for years. I found two of their tools that didn't work
as well as other brands. Their battery powered 18 volt drills, and their
bottom of the line Sawzall. Neither of them live up to the Milwaukee
name. The drills don't run long on the batteries, the batteries die
rather fast, and the drills are much heavier than other 18 Volt drills.
As for the Sawzall, when you put it under heavy load, such as cutting
through a 4x4, the blade pops out. Turns out that the blade retainer
that used to be a pin is now a ball and the blade can slip by it.

I've been using DeWalt stuff for over 15 years and love it. All my stuff
is at least 8 years old, which was before their move to manufacture
everything off shore. I can't vouch for any of the newer stuff. I'd like
to hear from anyone who has experience with their newer stuff.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Mark Andy:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems (512) 797-7501
5026 FM 2001 Lockhart, TX 78644-4443